Friday, December 16, 2011
RUNning
So... I just have to say how much I love to run. This past year it's been really hard because I've had some pretty horrible races due to mono; however, I have a really good feeling I'm over it. I've been feeling so good lately & it's made me realize how much fun running can be when you're healthy. Thursday I ran really hard but it felt so great at the same time. I ran a mile warmup then did a five mile progression starting with a 7:40 pace running each mile 20 seconds faster. I ran my last mile at about a 6:10 pace! Then I cooled down another mile. This last XC season wasn't fun because I wasn't successful & it became a chore to run everyday. After state I took a week off (which was the perfect amount of time because I was going through withdrawals by the time it was over) and actually went from hating running to missing it... a lot. Now, I enjoy every minute of it, and I am looking forward to a really successful season! I really hope it will be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment